Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Assessment of the Technology Assessments

I have found that I am very undeducated in the area of true technology. Yes, I can use a digital camera, make an excel spreadsheet using formulas, and draw just about anything in word, but that seems to be where it ends! I had many “no” responses. However, I am a fast learner and with the proper training, I could be successful and understanding and using techonolgy. I work for a district that is semi-technology savy, and am embarassed at the lack of my ability.

Foundations and Solving Problems were my areas of greatest strength in the Technology Applications Inventory, closely followed by Communication. I was not surprise by this because I problem solve and communicate all day, every day. Information Acqusition was my area of weakness. I have not necessarily had the appropriate exposure to this area and expect for my knowledge in this area to improve in the future.

Upon completing the SEDTA survey, it is clear that my distrcit is not in the “top” of the class. No classrooms have enough computers for every student, except for computer labs and other multimedia rooms. In my math classes, we spend so much time teaching with distrcit provided worksheets and curriculum, and there is little room for technology. I wish we could figure out a way to include projects into the math classrooms at my school. There are so many great ideas out there, and it would be nice to allow students to use their technology abilities in their core classes. Overall, there is an incredible amount of growth and improvement that needs to happen within my self, my district and at my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment